IACside03-1.jpg
c0f817_497eb4a326da498e9a22f348eb78ba21.jpg
Old Barn - from 2nd floor IAC.jpg
IACside01-1.jpg
IACside03-1.jpg

Restorations


Restorations

SCROLL DOWN

Restorations


Restorations

The restoration of the Gateway and Old Barn completes ten years of work by the GPC at the entrance to Greenwich Point that began with the restoration of the historic Innis Arden Cottage, originally built in 1903, between 2005 - 2011. The GPC’s work at Innis Arden Cottage has received numerous awards for excellence in historic preservation and adaptive reuse, including a Connecticut Trust for Historic Preservation Award for Excellence in Historic Restoration, an American Institute of Architects Award for Restoration and Adaptive Reuse, and a Greenwich Historical Society Award for Excellence in Historic Preservation. The GPC's next project will be the restoration of the spectacular circa 1896 Chimes Building. 



c0f817_497eb4a326da498e9a22f348eb78ba21.jpg

The Chimes Building


The Chimes Building

GPC's Next Project

The Chimes Building


The Chimes Building

GPC's Next Project

The GPC’s next project will be the restoration of the spectacular circa 1896 Chimes Building.  We look forward to moving forward with this important project, which will restore and preserve one of the most beautiful and unique late - 19th century buildings on the Connecticut shoreline. 

Old Barn - from 2nd floor IAC.jpg

The Old Barn


Gateway & Old Barn

The Sue H. Baker Pavilion

Completed - October 2015

The Old Barn


Gateway & Old Barn

The Sue H. Baker Pavilion

Completed - October 2015

In October 2015 the GPC celebrated the grand opening of the restored Gateway and Old Barn at Greenwich Point, including the beautiful new Gateway Gardens, and the dedication of the Sue H. Baker Pavilion at the Old Barn. The centerpiece of this final phase of the Gateway restoration is the beautifully restored Old Barn, which was originally built in 1887 and is the oldest surviving structure at Greenwich Point. The new Sue H. Baker Pavilion at the Old Barn includes a spectacular 4000 square foot waterfront dining deck that will be enjoyed by our community for many years to come.

 The restored Gateway also includes the reconstruction of the stone pillar at the original gate to Greenwich Point, the reconstruction of the stone foundation of the original Gate Lodge, the restoration of the century-old stone walls surrounding the Gateway area and the addition of beautiful new gardens that weave throughout the Gateway. The pillar, which has a plaque detailing the history of the area, is adjacent to a new walkway that connects the Old Barn and the Innis Arden Cottage. The walkway is lined with commemorative stones engraved with the names and messages of residents who purchased the stones. The old municipal brick restroom building has been demolished and replaced by gardens. In addition to being beautiful, the restored Gateway also creates a safe and efficient pickup and drop off area for visitors to Greenwich Point.

IACside01-1.jpg

Innis Arden


Innis Arden Cottage

Completed April 2011

Innis Arden


Innis Arden Cottage

Completed April 2011

In the spring of 2011, the GPC unveiled the results of the five-year restoration of the historic Innis Arden Cottage.  In May 2011 the GPC dedicated the newly restored Cottage and "gifted" it to the people of Greenwich for use by the community.  In June 2011 the Floren Family Environmental Center opened at the Cottage, and the Bruce Museum relocated its Seaside Center to the new facility.  The Innis Arden Cottage has now reclaimed its place as one of the most beautiful and historic buildings on the Connecticut waterfront.  The Cottage won an American Institute of Architects award for “Best Historic Restoration and Adaptive Reuse”, as well as a Connecticut Trust for Historic Preservation award for excellence in Historic Restoration.  Over the past several years the Innis Arden Cottage has become a favorite of the Greenwich community.